Last week I’ve brought my own laptop to work and setting up evolution, subversion, the alsb and bpm environments with their proper endpoints and last but not least, I’ve set my Ubuntu Network Proxy to my companies proxy settings.
When I’ve returned home, I found out that the proxy settings were still active. One might imagine that would purge the settings in the Network Proxy to “Direct Internet Connection” but unfortunately, it did not.
Apparently there are three proxy settings which are left being set when using the terminal:
Apt-get, wget and all the CLI programs which use internet would fail because they’re searching for this proxy setting, but it isn’t to be found since we’re not at our company 🙂
A temporary solution is to unset these proxy settings, copy and paste each of these commands in your terminal and press enter:
I’ll add a permanent solution when I find it. For now this will clear the proxy settings within your terminal and you’ll be able to update and upgrade your repos through the terminal again!
Ps. I’m still looking for a nice dhcp client script which would add dns search domains to my /etc/resolv.conf, if you might know one; keep me posted!
Debugging Oracle BPM has been a bit tedious. One would often start setting logmessages which will clutter your logs when running the project in a production environment (and a performance issue when not needed!)
This post contains several ways of debugging;
Debug in BPM Studio
Debug BPM Methods
logMessage(s) with simple types
logMessage(s) with complex types
As a side note; LogMessages are often abused for debugging, you might consider making project variables if you notice you keep looking in the logs.
A clear distinction for me is that all functional values should be accessible through the WorkSpace and exception handling should also be raised through logmessages.
Debug in BPM Studio:
First toggle a breakpoint in your code. (Right mouse click on the left side of your code)
Then click “Open Debug Dialog” in the menu “Run”:
Create a new “BPM Process Debugger” by clicking on “New launch configuration”
Give the configuration a name
Select the project
Click Apply and then Debug button
Run your project until it reaches your breakpoint:
Debug BPM Methods
Select the BPM Script Launcher and click New Launch Configuration
Choose the project
Type the component name
Choose the method
Click Apply and debug
Remember that the method values needs to be initialized.
logMessage(s) with simple types:
You can log simple types by using the logMessage command:
logMessage("<< [" + process.name + "] [" + Activity.name + "] " + "message received but not for this process\nMessage contents: " + message.textValue, severity : Severity.WARNING);
This would result in a warning log statement with message being displayed.
logMessage(s) with complex types:
A quick way to display complex types is through DynamicXml, which will take bpm variables (complex & simple).
You might have noticed the tabs are a bit bigger in Eclipse than what you’re used to when running Eclipse in Windows.
(This is a minor annoyance, but more screen real estate is always welcome..!)
This is what it would look like before:
You can solve this by creating a custom gtkrc-2.0 file, which should be in your home folder.
Start up your terminal and execute the bold text:
joris@dipshit:~$ nano ~/.gtkrc-2.0
You’re in nano right now, insert the following text in .gtkrc-2.0:
Unfortunatly there’s a small snag when you’re using GWT designer on ubuntu with the libwebkit libs. When libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.2 isn’t found, the GWT designer will display a black field when you’re editing gui items, as shown on the example below:
You can easily solve this by symbolic linking to the already existing libwebkit library. Only execute the commands which are shown in bold:
I’ve been busy trying to get my development environment running on Ubuntu 11.04.
The following error pops up while trying to create a presentation for a bpm variable:
XPCOM error -2147467259
org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: XPCOM error -2147467259
It seems that studio can’t find xulrunner, (a runtime environment developed by the Mozilla Foundation to provide a common back-end for XUL user interface language applications)
The most common solution I could find through Google, is to install xulrunner through the ubuntu repos. Unfortunatly xulrunner 1.8 isn’t in the Natty repos so I had to download it myself.
You can find the latest 1.8 xulrunner here: Mozilla.org xulrunner-220.127.116.11.en-US.linux-i686-20080128.tar.gz
Unpack the contents of xulrunner-18.104.22.168.en-US.linux-i686-20080128.tar.gz
Rename the unpacked xulrunner directory to xulrunner-1.8
Move the newly created xulrunner-1.8 directory to /usr/bin
Fix permissions on the new directory: sudo chmod -R root:root /usr/bin/xulrunner-1.8
Final step is to add the following line to eclipse/eclipse.ini: -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.8
After this, you can start your studio and create presentations with no problems!